Originally opened in 2003, Birkdale Village will soon undergo a transformation to become a modern-day community gathering place featuring a collection of upscale outdoor lounge areas, a full-service Concierge and Valet, and new retail, restaurant and experiential offerings. NAP will break ground on the redevelopment project in winter 2022, with construction slated for completion by summer 2022.
- December 2021: North American Properties Executes Four New Leases at Birkdale Village
- October 2021: North American Properties Announces Repositioning Vision for Birkdale Village
- WSOC, "Big changes are in store for Birkdale Village in Huntersville"
- Fox 46, "Mixed-use Huntersville development Birkdale Village getting a makeover"
- Business Today, "More details of Birkdale Village makeover"
- Lake Norman Media Group, "Future plans for mixed-use icon include upscale outdoor lounges, valet"
- Axios Charlotte, "Retail roundup: The latest on store openings in and around Charlotte"
- Independent Tribune, "Birkdale Village redevelopment brings in a new restaurant, several stores"
Three stand-alone retail jewel boxes will be added to The Parkway.
A 6,000-square-foot shaded greenspace with soft seating, a massive LED screen, and a flexible, covered stage will sit at the heart of The Parkway.
Four tiny, mid-century designed retail pods will be added to The Grove and house offerings from merchandisers and food vendors on shorter term leases.
Upscale lighting added at parking garage entrances
Public WiFi and music introduced throughout The Parkway
New residential painting taking place throughout the Village
Dog park constructed on the corner of Formby Rd and Townley Rd
The nearly 20-year-old pool at Haven was transformed into a luxury waterside experience