Originally opened in 2003, Birkdale Village has undergone a transformation to become a modern-day community gathering place featuring a collection of upscale outdoor lounge areas, a full-service Concierge and Valet, and new retail, restaurant and experiential offerings. Construction in the common area spaces such as The Plaza and Grove are complete, while tenant build-outs will continue into 2023. For more information and frequently asked questions, click here.
Enjoying the new Birkdale Village experience? Click here to show your support for our next chapter.
- A portion of Townley Rd will be closed off for utility work for approximately a month starting February 1st. Detour signage will be posted for traffic to follow. If you have any questions, please reach out to email@example.com.
- WSOC-TV, "What's next for Birkdale Village as new community amenities open"
- Charlotte Business Journal, "Birkdale Village lands lifestyle boutiques, cryotherapy venture"
- Fox 46, "First-hand look at $20M Birkdale Village development"
- Charlotte Business Journal, "North American Properties' $20M refresh of Birkdale Village is taking shape"
- LKN Connect, "Ground Breaking: Redevelopment at Birkdale Village!"
- Business Today, "Birkdale Village breaks ground on $20 million re-do"
- December 2021: North American Properties Executes Four New Leases at Birkdale Village
- October 2021: North American Properties Announces Repositioning Vision for Birkdale Village
- WSOC, "Big changes are in store for Birkdale Village in Huntersville"
- Fox 46, "Mixed-use Huntersville development Birkdale Village getting a makeover"
- Lake Norman Media Group, "Future plans for mixed-use icon include upscale outdoor lounges, valet"
- Axios Charlotte, "Retail roundup: The latest on store openings in and around Charlotte"
- Independent Tribune, "Birkdale Village redevelopment brings in a new restaurant, several stores"
First Live Under The Oaks on the new stage in The Plaza
Restrooms now available for guests to use
Concierge and Valet open to the public
Final touches completed in The Plaza
Warby Parker begins the buildout of their storefront in one of the jewel boxes
New vault placed for the fountain
Lighting and LED screen added to The Plaza
Final touches on the tiny retail kiosks completed
Concierge booth windows framed and brick laid
6,000 sq ft Plaza prepped for turf install and landscaping planted
Padding for the new Fountain was laid and concrete poured
The Grove reopened to the public with new seating
Brick and landscaping added to the tiny retail kiosks
Wooden framing of the stage and Concierge building
Framing of jewel box 3 & the rooftop seating area
Framing of jewel boxes 1 & 2
Steel framing of the stage and concierge building
Rooftops added to the tiny retail kiosks
Framing of the tiny retail kiosks
Concrete foundation poured for east jewel box
Utility piping laid for jewel boxes and tiny retail
The newly renovated clubhouse of Haven at Birkdale Village opened
NAP officially broke ground on the redevelopment project
Upscale lighting added at parking garage entrances
Public WiFi and music introduced throughout The Parkway
New residential painting taking place throughout the Village
Dog park constructed on the corner of Formby Rd and Townley Rd
The nearly 20-year-old pool at Haven was transformed into a luxury waterside experience